You know the feeling: rushed, overloaded, overwhelmed.
Like even if the day were 10 hours longer, you still wouldn’t have time to do everything you need to do.
Like there are so many people who want you to do something, but you’re only one person so how can they expect you to do everything?
Sigh. They can expect it and they do expect it.
So you do the best you can.
How to be more grounded
In my last newsletter, you learned how massaging your palms and fingers can help you relax. It’s especially useful in places where you can’t close your eyes for several minutes, places like the long line to the checkout stand.
This circular grounding breath for the lower body is an easy spiritual practice that doesn’t require anything but your attention.
It’s another good method for staying grounded when you’re feeling overwhelmed and overloaded.
After you’ve practiced it a few times, you’ll be able to get it running even when you can’t sit quietly –when you’re waiting for something.
Before you start, check-in with yourself. On a scale of 1 low to 10 high, how grounded do you feel right now?
Guided Meditation for Overload (audio)
Here is a short audio leading you through the meditation.
For the first few times, make sure you’re in a safe place. Sit or lie down quietly and close your eyes.
- Focus on your feet, wiggle your toes, imagine growing roots deep into the Earth.
- Now bring your focus up into your legs, to your pelvis. You can imagine them as colors of the aura or sensations you feel. Any way you want to imagine them is good.
- Imagine your legs, feel them.
- Starting at your roots deep in the Earth, breathe in through your foot,
- Breathe up your leg to your belly, across your pelvis and
- Down the other leg, out your foot into the Earth.
- Now make it a circle by connecting to the first foot,
- Breathing up the leg, across, down the other leg and foot, into the earth.
Breathe your lower body circle a few times, until you feel grounded and better.
Check-in, how grounded do you feel now, after the meditation?
OK, now you’ve learned how to run the circle. Do it again, and this time, watch for the glitches and hiccups. Those are spots you might want to pay attention to because they have something to tell you. If you need some help with this part, contact me.
Later on, we’ll talk about the macrocosmic orbit and how you can use this technique to help balance the many meridians of energy flowing through your body, mind, and soul. It’s just as easy. You might even have a breakthrough. It’s that powerful.
So… here you are, middle-aged. Kids are either grown or almost grown. You may be married. Or not. You may still have the same job; or wishing you didn’t.
Wouldn’t you just love the chance to REcreate your own reality? Wouldn’t you love to figure out (at last!) what you’re supposed to be doing with your life?
Cuz the status quo just isn’t quite doing it for you anymore. I’ve been there, done that, so I ‘get’ you. I work with groovy women who would rather create their own reality. Let’s talk about your potential and how you can create a reality to your liking. your own mystical magical reality.
Deep inside, you’re a sage… AND an adventurous explorer! NOW is the best time to inspire your inner mystic sage.
- You’re doing your best, but it seems like it’s just-not-working!
- It’s likely that you’ve been searching for your true identity, your core self, for most of your life, bouncing here and there, through this and that, like a rubber ball in a yard full of puppies.
- You’ve been wondering how you can express yourself more authentically, how to be the person you really are, but no one is listening.
- Sigh, you’ve been buried beneath obligations and expectations. You’eve been doing your best, but <snort> people just expect it.
The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. — C. G. Jung
If you’ve been restless, maybe even feeling the draw for an exciting, challenging Vision Quest because you want to know what else there could be, listen to your intuition!
And check out my inspirational workshops and transformative programs designed to help you manifest more peace, love, and inspiration in your life. Happiness and satisfaction, too.
Peg McMahan, HHP, CHT, LMT ~ Fantastic Life Coach and Body-Centered Therapist helping you create your reality – to your own liking!
Helping you find your magic, discover your bliss, and live with happiness and satisfaction. Unearth your core identity, the one who’s been buried under expectations and obligations for decades.